Blanchette Brook Stream Restoration
Approximately 800 feet of Blanchette Brook was restored where the stream enters Colonel Westbrook Park. Boulders and tree root wads were used to restore the stream channel and create habitat. In addition, plants were added along the stream banks to shade the stream and provide temperature control.
The in-stream work included the placement of:
- 44 - 1 foot diameter boulders;
- 21 - 3 foot diameter boulders;
- 128 10-15 foot trees with root wads attached
The stream bank restoration work included landscaped borders including:
- 50 trees;
- 604 shrubs;
- 2,098 herbaceous plants; and
- 655 perennials.
- Installation Date: 2011
- Total Installation Cost: $193,215
- Designed by: Terrance J. DeWan & Associates